Max is five months old today! Some fun facts about our little monkey:
We celebrated Cory's birthday a few weeks ago.
- Weighed 12 lbs 9 oz and was 24 inches long on December 29th.
- Sleeps like a champ at night! He will wake up occasionally during naps but since we started giving him some rice cereal, that doesn't happen so much anymore.
- Hasn't had another episode of SVT since Thanksgiving weekend (and we didn't have to go to the hospital for that one).
- Loves playing in his baby gym. Tries to put everything in his mouth and gets mad if he can't get something in there just right.
- Has tough little legs. Prefers to stand up all the time.
- Is close to sitting on his own.
- Hates being on his stomach. Used to cry the minute we put him on his stomach. Now he tolerates it for a while and then just gives up and puts his head down until we move him. Not sure how he's ever going to learn how to crawl.
- Loves spending time with his nanny, Jordan. I can hear Max talking to Jordan all day long while I am working. They have some pretty serious conversations!
- Can't wait to rough-house with Daddy when he gets home from work.
- Has the sweetest smile. His whole face lights up!
Dressed up in his Santa p.j.'s on Christmas Eve.
Max and his cousin, Gracie.
This is Max's 4-month picture. I bought Max the Osh Kosh overalls so that he could be like his Great-Grandpa Porter.
I spent a lot of time with my grandparents when I was younger. Grandpa Porter wore his overalls every day while he was working on the farm. Grandpa took me everywhere with him: milking cows, baling hay, moving pipe, etc. He used to catch the baby chickens and bring them to me so that I could pet / hold them. I was always amazed that he dared to walk through all of those pecking hens to get to the baby chicks. He ate bread and milk and watched Mash every night after he was finished milking cows. Grandpa could play a mean game of baseball, too. I hope Max has a little bit of his Great-Grandpa in him!