Monday, October 12, 2009

RZR, Rutabaga's and Tap Dogs

October 10th insists on rolling around each year. Which means that I have to grow one year older. I've always told Cory that if he's going to send flowers, I would prefer that he do it when I'm not expecting it (i.e. NOT for Valentine's day, etc.). So I received 100 miniature roses on Oct. 9th. That was definitely a surprise! And Cory so graciously reminded me, first thing in the morning, that I am getting old and that I will always be older than him.

I had hoped to be able to spend the day in the mountains looking at all the pretty Fall leaves. This is what we saw instead. I was sorely disappointed. I did get to see some pretty leaves on our drive home from Grey's River though.

We had dinner at one of the few nice restaurants in Idaho Falls: Rutabaga's. Yum! Jared and Camille joined us for dinner. And Camille gave me some of these adorable cookies. Amazing! And they taste pretty yummy too.
After dinner, I made Cory attend a performance at a local theater here in town. I have to cash in on these opportunities when I can because under normal circumstances, he would rather die than go to a musical/play/ballet, etc. :-) You can't really expect much from the arts program here, but it was a decent show and something different for us to do.
Thank you for all of the phone calls, emails, cards and visits that made this birthday great for me!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Marisa!!! I'm so glad you had a nice day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I tell Clint the same thing, so instead of giving me roses the day before, he just doesn't... :) Glad you had a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for marrying a younger man! :o) Sounds like a very good birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I totally missed your birthday....I'm a slacker! But I hope it was a good one. Sounds like you had a good time! The flowers were beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is nothing better than marrying a younger man. (easier to train) Happy Late Birthday. You still will always be a young punk to us OLD FOLKS!!

    ReplyDelete