Monday, April 26, 2010

Johnson's : 0, Bears : 2

This weekend was the Spring bear hunt for the Johnson boys. What a difference two weeks can make. We went back to our camping spot on the Salmon river - you can actually see green on the trees now (never mind the fact that we drove through a snowstorm on Thursday night to get to the campground). Cory just happened to haul (via Knight) some bear bait for a client last week. Imagine, some guy paid for Knight to haul an entire trailer full of bear bait. But it worked out well for Cory because the client graciously gave Cory some of the goods i.e. old pies, bread, various scraps, etc. We also loaded up on dog food, honey and maple syrup. Brady and Cory set the bear bait out on Friday morning and they waited for two days...but no bears. They saw plenty of elk and deer and even some "evidence" of bears in the area. I think they were both a little disappointed in the outcome, but they had fun trying. Next time.
And what did I do for two days? I spent my time here. I've had so many projects that I have started and haven't had time to finish. And I suppose I could have done them at home while the boys were gone, but if I stay home, I tend to find other (less fun) projects that need to be done; see: cleaning, running errands, laundry, etc. So I packed up my scrapbooking supplies, several movies, a few good books and my computer (yes, we had WiFi from the RV park but no cell service) and did absolutely nothing but relax all weekend. It was nice to sit by the river and read my book and take a nap and not feel guilty about all of the things that I wasn't getting done at home. Now, back to reality today.

2 comments:

  1. it's only first quarter of the game, I'm confident the score will change! Guess, you'll just have to scrap book again on a future trip! ;-) Cute pages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I learned something about bear hunting! Glad to hear it wasn't just the boys who had a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete