Saturday, March 14, 2009

I Miss My House

At the risk of sounding like an ungrateful wretch, I've decided to publish this post. For those who may not want to listen to me whine/complain, please close your web browser now. We rented out my house in Utah yesterday and I've been crying buckets of tears ever since. What a cruel irony that someone else gets to live in my beautiful house in Salt Lake while me and Cory are stuck renting a duplex in Idaho Falls. And we will continue to be renters until we can sell my house (we don't need two mortgages ever again) - which might take years depending upon how fast the economy recovers. I am trying desperately hard to count my many blessings and recognize the many bounties that I enjoy, but this has just about done me in.

7 comments:

  1. Where to begin?!!! I miss your house, too, and you and Precious, and just running over there, all of the time! Those were fun times! I'm glad you at least got to rent it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutie,

    things WILL change as it CANT continue like this forever! I just hope it will be soon as this is getting to everybody!!
    I don't envy you in your situation, but I know you will be ok soon, you are just that kind of person. I know it sounds cheesy, but try to think about what you gained and try to forget about what you lost. Something new WILL come up, it always does, you just cant see it yet. But it WILL happen..

    XX
    K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, that IS rough! You get attached when you put so much time and effort into something. But it is great that you could rent it out in the mean time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss your house too. And Precious. Well, technically, Precious misses me, doesn't she? I guess my usual pep talk full of jaunty rhetoric wouldn't make you feel any better so I'll just tell you that I admire how you are handling this whole thing because if it were me, I'd be lying on the floor kicking my legs and having a full fledged tantrum. See? You're already 10 steps ahead of me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, sometimes I just pray that I will marry a man with very little stuff and a strong desire to live in Garland. That way I'll never have to rent out my house. But then reality sets in and I realize that's probably not the way it will play out and I'll either have to sell it = :( or I'll have to rent it out = :((((
    I hear you loud and clear....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo sorry. :o( I love your cute house, especially since it was all Marisa'ed out and looking darling. Your tears are not unjustified.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll miss having you IN your house and nearby. I miss your smile and cute personality. Anyway, your friend Katharina is right though, count your blessings. A happy marriage is worth more than many cute houses! And you and Cory definitely seem happy. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete