Saturday, March 7, 2009

Friends

Anyone who knows me will attest to the fact that I am not a very good cook. In fact, my brother stopped by a few weeks ago and about fell out of his chair when I told him that I was making cornbread (as a side dish) for dinner. I told my parents and they weren't really surprised. I believe my dad may have said something like, "well, we've never really known you to be much of a Betty Crocker." Thanks, Dad. So, I went outside of my comfort zone on Thursday and invited some friends over for prime rib. Thanks to Camille, we got a super great deal on some prime rib a few weeks ago. Cory cooked some Alaskan king crab (see post from Jan. 14th) too. The dinner was edible and we got to enjoy visiting with the Gibbs' family and the Evans' family. We even broke into the chocolate stash from Germany for dessert. I brought back about 5 kilos of chocolate from Germany and we have been savoring every morsel. :-) We are grateful for good friends and fun times!




6 comments:

  1. We had a blast! It's always a good time for the Johnsons and the food was great! It was WAY better than an over-priced and crowded restaurant. By the way, who's the fat girl sitting by Breck? She really shouldn't be out in public looking like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Marisa, Isn't that Shayla in the second picture? That is Kyle's 1st cousin! Her mom and his dad are bro and sister. We just saw her at another cousin wedding last weekend. That is crazy? How do you know them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, that last comment says Frank, I was still under a work account. It was really from Marcy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was really wondering who on earth Frank was. Glad you cleared that up, Marcy! Shayla is married to one of Cory's good friends from high school (Ben). The world keeps getting smaller...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Five kilos of chocolate...isn't that above the legal limit? :o) Congrats on the cooking adventures...who really needs to know how to cook when you know how to pick great restaurants?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great restaurants? I live in Idaho Falls... I miss Dallas and all of my "foodie" friends!

    ReplyDelete