Sunday, March 29, 2009

Culture & Cage Fights

Occasionally Idaho Falls surprises me and actually has some interesting things come to town. Case in point, the Museum of Idaho is now hosting the Titanic exhibit. Cory and I went with my Aunt Chris yesterday. As long as you weren't expecting much, it was a nice exhibit (meaning it was pretty simple and small). They had several artifacts from the ship and an iceberg that you could touch. They also handed out passenger boarding cards when you entered the museum i.e. you became one of the passengers on-board the Titanic. At the end of the exhibit, you could look and see if you survived or not. Thankfully we were all survivors. Whew!

And lest you worry that it's possible to become too cultured here in Idaho Falls, I'm happy to report that after we visited the Titanic exhibit, we headed over to the cage fights (think UFC fighting except it's just a bunch of local boys trying to beat each other up).



Our brother-in-law (Jared) is the ring doctor for the fights, so we get VIP ring-side seats. I think the worst injury last night was a broken nose, so Dr. Morton just got to sit back and enjoy watching the fights. The cage fights come to town every three months. We're waiting with bated breath for the next round of fighters...

6 comments:

  1. I'm more shocked at the fact that Idaho Falls has cage fights, rather than the Titanic exhibit! That sounds like a lot of fun though. How VIP can Idaho Falls really get??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyle would love to see that . . . the cage fights that is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on up to Idaho Falls, Marcy. We'll have a great night out on the town! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm kind of glad to know that the Titanic exhibit isn't all that great because now I won't have to go. Sometimes my system can't handle the culture shock....I would probably have more fun at the cage fights! True Redneck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like fun. Consider yourselves "well-balanced" I will have to join you next time at the fights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it wrong that I'm totally jealous? Not really about the cage fights but about the Titanic stuff. Did they let you try on a life vest and sit in a life boat? That would have been cool. They should have given you one of those fake "Heart of the Ocean" necklaces at the end. Hee-hee. I used to have one of those. I gave it away as a white elephant gift.

    ReplyDelete