Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Weekend

The theme for this Memorial weekend was mostly...rain. But we did manage to have a good time. We went for our season opener motorcycle ride on Saturday. We broke out the leathers and I donned my tattoo shirt (it's necessary to look the part, you know). We rode to Downey to have a BBQ with the Johnson clan. Cory, Jared and Grant worked hard to BBQ some fabulous ribs.

Clearly Ayla enjoyed the ribs...

Brady went for a spin on the motorcycle. He made it back to the house just in time to miss a major dust storm.

And can you see those clouds behind Emilee and Gracie?? Well folks, that's what we rode home in. Always an adventure.


You can't have Memorial weekend and not go camping. So even though the weather forecast predicted thunderstorms, we packed up the camping gear and headed to Grey's River, just outside of Afton, WY. We found the perfect campsite and I pitched the tent while Cory went to look for firewood. It was sprinkling lightly when we got there, but the rain soon stopped and we grilled hamburgers, drank hot Tang and enjoyed an awesome campfire. I think it rained a little during the night, but our trusty tent held up marvelously.


And this is the sight that we woke up to. I will mention that Cory woke me up at 6:30 a.m. I about killed him. It's a holiday. Clearly I have some more educating to do i.e. holiday = time to sleep in!! We were going to cook breakfast on the camp stove, but decided to be lazy and we went to a restaurant called Yankee Doodle instead. And the minute we got home, we both crashed and took a two hour nap! Ahhhh!


4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful sight you woke up to! I'm glad you guys had a fun weekend even with the rain - you're braver than I am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how fun! Even with the rain! That is so funny you are going camping where Kyle and I grew up camping! They also have little cabins up there to rent for pretty cheap. That is the route we go now with kids. :) And maybe one tent outside for the experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where's a picture of the tattoo shirt?! I've learned not to get my hopes up about Memorial Weekened Weather in Idaho, its almost always yucky for the most part. :-( The camp site was pretty. Looks relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too would like to see the tattoo shirt...

    ReplyDelete