Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Texas!!

Those darn corporate travel budget cuts haven't allowed me to get to Texas nearly as often as I would like. A few weeks ago, my boss asked me if I wanted to go down to DFW. I jumped at the chance and I think I bounced off the walls for three weeks until the travel day arrived! My first stop straight from the airport was to visit Tamara, Adam and Elizabeth. Tams fixed a fabulous dinner, which was perfect after a loooong travel day. And it was so fun to see Miss Elizabeth! She has gotten so big since I saw her last September.


It was great to see all of my colleagues in the office. I also had the chance to visit with Thomas, Jennifer, Lauren and Matthew. Jennifer is opening a new wellness center in Dallas, which is so exciting for her! I got there just in time to see the last of the Blue Bonnets (flowers), which I used to get mixed up with the Blue Bell ice cream (just the name...). And I even saw one cockroach (thankfully it was dead).

I've been starving for shopping and eating-out opportunities (not that you would know from looking at me) here in Idaho Falls, so I took advantage of every chance I had to visit some of my favorite stores and restaurants. Hooray for Tex-Mex, wonderful sushi, great BBQ and Cafe Brazil! And I saved the best for last. I've often said that if airfare was cheap, I would fly to Dallas one Saturday night just to eat at the Canary Cafe. It's my all-time favorite restaurant (Mediterranean food, of course). And to go along with my favorite restaurant, I had the privilege of spending the evening with some of my favorite people. I am so thankful that they took time out of their busy schedules to come have dinner with me. I'm getting choked up just thinking about it. I miss you all! It was so nice to see you!

Until next time...



6 comments:

  1. It was great to see you!!! See you in three weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice comment. It's hard to talk about sometimes, but I wanted my kids to know what kind of a person she was. Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun for you to get to go back for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not funny anymore. Please move back. Please. I'm currently begging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwww....
    I miss you Marisa! I second what Tamara said.

    ReplyDelete