Wednesday, July 22, 2009

George Strait

We went to see George Strait in concert at the Usana Ampitheater last weekend. Ben, Shayla and Riley kept us company. Riley got to go see George Strait for her 4th birthday. She wore out her parents' George Strait CD's and she even passed up Hannah Montana to go see George in concert. I wasn't really sure what to expect - people say you either love to see George in concert or you hate it. We were told that he doesn't put on a fancy concert with tons of bells and whistles; he just stands up there and sings. Well folks, that singing was absolutely mesmerizing. He played for 1 hour and 45 minutes and I didn't move the entire time. George is absolutely timeless and his music is amazing. It was a great concert!!


Blake Shelton was one of the opening acts for George Strait. He did a really good job too! We didn't get home until 2:45 a.m. (soooo glad that we live so far away from Salt Lake). *Ahem* I CAN.NOT remember the last time that I was voluntarily awake at that time of night. We both felt like we had been hit by a truck for the rest of the weekend. Guess that means we are getting old! Boo!



4 comments:

  1. That sounds like so much fun - I love George Strait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so weird to see Kyle's cousin on your blog. :) Glad you had fun. I am not much of a country buff but I do like some of his songs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK I never want to hear about how there's nothing to do in Idaho Falls again. Hello? George Strait? He's an epic legend!

    ReplyDelete