Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year And All That Jazz...

Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve and I wish you all a healthy and prosperous 2010! It has to be better than last year... Cory and I went to dinner with Jared and Camille last night and then we went to chaperon a youth church dance. I was highly entertained at the dance but I think Cory was about ready to slit his wrists. The techno beat and the songs from Beyonce and Lady Gaga about did him in. I would never want to go back and repeat those awkward moments at dances. The sweaty palms, trying to hide from the guy that you didn't want to dance with, everyone grooving to the fast songs and then running for cover (or back to your safe group of friends) when the slow songs came on, etc. Good times.

I'm slow at posting our pictures from Christmas, so here are a few of them. Ashlee and Emilee helped me pick out new Christmas tree decorations this year. Hooray! Thanks girls! The tree came down two days after Christmas...

Cory got a toolbox for the back of his truck. And he gave me some of my fine china dishes (but they are still somewhere in UPS-Land).

Cory also received a chainsaw for Christmas. Let's please all take a moment to make that grunting noise that Tim-the-Toolman-Taylor makes. :-)

Karen got a window-pane for Christmas. She is so creative - she can turn old stuff into something cute and fun!

I think this was Jaron's box of socks...

Jaron & Karen gave Cory a little pan so he can make his own eggs when we are camping. When we were camping this summer, Cory informed everyone that "a lot of good things come out of Marisa's kitchen, but eggs aren't one of them." *GASP* I know...it's a rookie husband mistake.

We stopped by Grant & Connie's house to open presents on x-mas night. They spoiled us rotten too! I took some pictures of the rest of the fam, but they didn't turn out. Dang!

Thanks to everyone for another great Christmas. We are very blessed and fortunate!

1 comment:

  1. We're glad you had a good Christmas! It looks like fun. Don't worry, eggs aren't one of my specialties either!

    ReplyDelete