Sunday, January 10, 2010

Homemade Bread

As far as successes go, this one isn't monumental. But it was still a pretty big deal for me so I figured I better document it for posterity's sake. After all, it may never happen again. I made my first-ever loaf of homemade bread and it was actually edible! My brother tells me that I am turning into my grandmother. I'll take that as a compliment, thankyouverymuch. I received a wheat grinder for x-mas so now I can make my own flour and my own bread. Sweet! I'm also going to try sprouting some wheat and then drying it and making my own wheat germ. I have a recipe book of all the things you can do with your food storage. If anyone has any suggestions, I would certainly love to hear from you.

3 comments:

  1. Well paint me green and call me gumby! Slice me up a piece! That looks de-lish. Congrats to you, you overachiever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, if Jaron means Mary, then it is definitely a compliment! Your bread looks pretty tasty, I'd say that is for sure quite a huge accomplishment - I don't think I could make bread if my life depended on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I try and try and I have failed in the edible bread department, namely rolls. Dale just tells me I need to spend the money and get good rolls after 10 years of unsuccessful roll making! So maybe you can come and give me a lesson or two!

    ReplyDelete