Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Recent Happenings

Believe it or not, we have been doing other things besides wrecking cars. Here are a few of the highlights.

I had my 15 year class reunion in July. Wow - can't believe it's already been 15 years! We had a really great turn-out. Here is a shot of a few of those who came. This has been my favorite class reunion thus far. It seemed like people were less concerned with getting somewhere in life and more concerned with sitting down and having a good visit. I must confess that I went with the intention to only stay for an hour or so and I ended up staying for three. So great to see everyone!
I also attended That Famous Preston Night Rodeo. Translation: I ate a rodeo hamburger, a caramel apple and a churro in one night. That's what it's all about, baby!
While I was at my class reunion and the rodeo, Cory was busy hiking for 30 miles in the Frank Church Wilderness. He is still serving as the senior scout advisor for our church and he planned a great adventure for the boys this year. He said it was probably the toughest thing he has ever done in his life. And I believe it. I can still see the scars on his feet (they were rubbed raw even though his hiking boots were well broken-in).


I went on a business trip to New York / Connecticut, which in and of itself wouldn't normally be blog worthy. But...I got to hang out in Times Square and go see "The Lion King" on Broadway. Amazing! I love NYC!!

And most recently, we spent a weekend with my parents at Bear Lake. I had to take this picture to show Jaron and Karen. They gave this little egg cooker to Cory for Christmas last year. It made a pretty good omelet!!

Bear Lake is definitely one of my more favorite lakes. It is so pretty and blue. The only bad thing...the water never really gets super calm, so it's hard to ski on.
We did visit LeBeau's and have a fresh raspberry shake. We also picked up a flat of raspberries to bring home with us. Yum! And Cory got in plenty of fishing time...

5 comments:

  1. Bear Lake is one of my favorites too - I love that you can walk out forever and it only gets about waist deep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lake looks great, and it doesnt get better than a raspberry shake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea for fun things to report!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can use that little egg cooker for a little pie also! you can use frozen pie crusts or use white bread and add your filling that you like! OH and not to mention the grilled cheese sandwhiches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Annika! I really like the idea of making a little pie. How fun!

    ReplyDelete