Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Although it's late, I'd like to still take a moment to say that I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas. It took until the second week of December but I finally found the Christmas decorations (buried under the moving boxes) so we could decorate the tree.
We stayed at my parents' house on Christmas Eve. Grammie had a fun time opening Paisley's Christmas presents!

We spent Christmas afternoon with the Johnson's.


Cory cooked up some crab for a fabulous Christmas dinner.

We arrived back in Salt Lake on Sunday afternoon and the first thing Cory did was break out his Cabela's hunting game that Jaron and Karen gave him for Christmas. I must confess to being completely mystified by how guys seem to intuitively know how to work every video game without reading the instructions. They know what each button is for and how to navigate through the game. I had to ask Cory for help on how to use the Zumba "game" that I got for Christmas. And I'm still not sure that I've got it completely figured out.
We also invested in our first MAC computer. Both of our PC's were dying so we decided to bite the bullet. I've been extremely frustrated with the effort of learning a new operating system. I had to Google instructions for how to eject a CD from the CD-rom drive. Sheesh! Good thing I'm signed up to go to an "introduction to your MAC" class next week. I can also go in for any other classes they offer during the course of the next year. I have a feeling the folks at the Apple store are going to be seeing a lot of me...

I would also like to take a moment to express my gratitude for all that Cory and I have been blessed with. 2010 definitely ranks as one of the worst years ever but it certainly ended on a positive note for us. And I know there are so many out there who have challenges that I cannot even dream of. It makes me feel like a spoiled child to whine about my problems. 2011 has to be better, right?? I wish you all a very happy, blessed and prosperous New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment